Friday, November 27, 2015

Giving Thanks

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you had a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving.  Yesterday, I had a lot of time to think about my life and what I am grateful for.  Although I try to practice gratitude on a daily basis through prayer and journaling, it still brought me great peace to have a day dedicated to physically taking time to give thanks.

Sometimes it is incredibly easy for us to overlook the man amazing and wonderful things God has placed in our paths.  As my priest said yesterday, we must all have an attitude of gratitude and stop taking things for granted.  Today's society seems to value negativity and complaining, especially among the younger audience.  One thing God has taught me and I continue to learn is that complaining gets you nowhere.

It is so important to be thankful and appreciate the little things.  Take the time to appreciate a beautiful sunrise, to tell your mother how much you love her, to do something kind for another person even if you don't get a thank you.

Life is so much more than material things and about what you have.  I believe in doing things for others without getting any physical appreciation because the feeling of giving is so much better.  So be grateful and give back.  Appreciate everything you have and try your best not to envy others because we all have a struggle.

I love all of my wonderful followers and I am incredible grateful for my wonderful blog.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

xoxo, Ana