
Hello!
So recently, I watched a video on YouTube by Gabriel Conte describing his reasons for thinking he is successful and how he became so successful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQTyuQWJBc
This video really got me thinking, how do I define success in my own life and how does my definition of success alter the way I view my life. Success, as many people think of it, is reaching a point of great wealth and popularity. Yet so many of these wealthy "successful" people fall into negative habits, depression, and some even commit suicide. Conte describes his success in terms of the relationships he has developed and the effort and time he has placed into those relationships in order to allow them to flourish.
I fell in love with his view of the world.
No, this does not suddenly make me the world's most positive person. No, I am not enlightened. No, I am not perfect.
But, my perception has shifted.
Success is not a one-size fits all. We all measure success based on our own accomplishments and our own goals. The main idea around this video and this post is that success does not equal wealth but rather how you take in all the blessings in your life and take advantage of those blessings in a positive manner. Life is a great culmination of our actions and it really requires all of our efforts to reach a point of ultimate success.
So I ask, how do YOU define success? Does your malformed definition of success make you out to be less than you are? Can you modify success to fit your life? If you have yet to reach success, can you modify your goals to attain realistic, true success?
A.