Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Patience.



Hey!

So patience is not one of my strong suits. I want what I want and I want it now.  But, life has taught me that my plan is no match to that of the Lord's plan. 

We often think that we have everything figured out, or that because others are moving at a different pace than you that it is better, or that everything we have must be better than it already is. I am most definitely someone who has dealt with all of these feelings and has battled with life because it is not going where I want it to go.

You may be thinking, after months of not hearing anything on this blog, I am suddenly coming back talking about these abstract subjects that have nothing to do with fashion or beauty. Well, life took a turn for me.  Sometimes you must isolate yourself from toxic relationships and negative influences to truly hear God and His message to you.  That is what happened to me my first semester of university.  I wasn't "lonely", but I was alone and all I had to comfort me was prayer and simply listening because there was nothing else I could do.

On that note, I want to encourage you all to really focus on practicing patience.  Be still and just listen.  This doesn't mean you have to stop working towards your goals or go off into the desert and isolate yourself completely.  But try asking Him to guide you, guide your life, show you where He wants you to go.  I seriously struggled with this, with the idea that I could trust my life to someone I never personally met. It is difficult because everything seems so vague and there will be so many temptations that stir you away but stay firm in your faith.

In this world, people often move too fast and miss the little moments.  Those little moments, those small pockets of peace are where God speaks to you. I challenge you to slow yourself down in a world where speed is seen as something essential.  Don't drive so fast to work, just leave your house a little early.  Don't rush to finish your paper, start it the moment your professor assigns work. Don't anticipate getting everything you want the exact moment you want it because God will give it to you when you truly need it most.

I am officially back.  God has placed it in my heart to write my story, write my lessons, write about my life.  I will be writing about faith but also about university, beauty, and fashion as well.  I don't know what purpose this will serve or whether it will help someone, but I truly hope that someday someone reads this and is comforted to know that struggling is only part of life and that everything, absolutely everything can be resolved by simply having faith and being patient through your trust in the Lord. 

A.