Thursday, February 15, 2018
Lent.
Hey.
So lent is a very important time for any Christian, but particularly as a Catholic, this time is highlighted by a multitude of events that culminate into the season of Easter. This is probably the most important season, surpassing Christmas simply because it is held in remembrance of Jesus' greatest sacrifice for each and every one of us.
I know you're wondering, "Well Ana, what are you planning on giving up this Lent?"
Well, my response to that question is quite difficult because I'm not giving up a specific item, but rather I am choosing to give up more of my time to the Lord. I don't really have any negative habits that I must get rid of or any temptations that are causing me harm, but there are things I don't do like pray on a regular basis.
I've decided to dedicate at least half an hour every day to prayer and communicating with God. The first thing my father said when I told him this was that half an hour was way too little. But in reality, going from five minutes a day to an hour seems like a drastic change.
To be honest, I am the type of person that prays throughout the day and has a little conversation with God asking Him for guidance or saying a short prayer of gratitude or simply going to Him when I really need someone to talk to. But I feel that dedicating myself to sitting down and simply thinking about Him, maybe praying the rosary, or reading some verses from the bible, would really help strengthen my relationship with the Lord immensely.
We all have super busy schedules, trust me I know the struggle. But we should all be willing to dedicate at least a few moments of our day to honour our creator, the one who gives us everything we need and never fails to be there for us all when we need him most.
So I encourage you all to give up a few moments of your own day this Lent. You can give up Netflix too (that's what I gave up last year :D), but also think about how amazing it would be to grow closer to God over the next 40 days.
I hope you all had a great Ash Wednesday!
A.
