Hey!
So you guys are all probably wondering why after months of not writing anything I would always come back to blogging. To be honest, it's not some super awesome reason other than I really love writing. Blogging for me, was always fun. It was never a tedious task or something I was forced to do. Which is why it became something I could put on the backburner.
Oftentimes, I fill my days up with work and studying and lack to plan for having time to do the things I love. I haven't consistently worked out in months, I do not sew anymore, I don't spend as much time with family and friends, and I neglected to pray as often and block out periods of time in my day specifically dedicated to the Lord.
My life became consumed by school, getting good grades, applying for research, being involved in extracurricular activities, so much so that I would not allow myself enough time to decompress and do things I truly enjoyed. Not that I don't love learning, but school can oftentimes be a tedious and stressful part of a student's life.
Why am I telling you all of this? There is a lesson. Just as God took the seventh day to rest after creating the universe, we must too take time to rest.
This spring break has been particularly rough for me. I find myself staring at a little screen for the majority of the day, watching my schoolmates go to the beach, have brunch, enjoy life. I felt like I was missing out. I still feel like I am missing out. I feel lost, confused, upset; you name it and I feel it.
But blogging is an outlet for me. Writing is an outlet for me. I used to journal every single night. I used to write down my prayers or write little poems or just talk about my day and feelings. And I am writing now at a time where I just feel unsure about everything.
That's why I never quit. Blogging won't ever be a full-time thing for me, I am going to be an engineer and work in the medical field someday and be a wife and a mother. But I can always blog while I do all of it. And if my blog can help even one person, then it is enough for me.
A.