Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year, New Me


Hello Lovelies!

As my first post of 2016 I decided to be quite cliche and tell you all my goals for the year.  The past two years I have shared my resolutions and how I want to tackle the year.  Last year I was extremely vague with my goal and made it simple for myself as I didn't know what I wanted to accomplish.  The year prior I made clear cut goals and focused solely on reaching those specific goals but I bashed myself for not meeting them at the end of the year.

This year I have decided to go in between. Set vague but centered goals.  Something that is reachable and won't discourage me yet has an end goal.  So here are my goals for 2016:

1. Become as close to God as possible.

2. Love the people around me, show them my love, and appreciate them for all they're worth.

3. Learn as much as possible.  Never miss an opportunity to learn something new.

4. Experience more and be open to new opportunities.

5. Take care of my body. This year don't lose sight of the end goal: a long, healthy life.

6. Practice gratitude, patience, kindness, forgiveness, and tolerance.

I hope you all can gain a little from my personal goals.  Every day we take the things around us for granted, the people, the opportunities, the experiences, the environment.  I'm the type of person that will go outside just to smell the fresh air, to hear the birds chirp, to see the beauty of nature, to feel the wind blowing in my hair; I encourage all of you to do the same.

Try putting yourself out there.  Don't be afraid to do something new and see what happens.  Most of the time, things turn out better than you ever imagined.

The one lesson I hope to take with me from 2015 is that success can only be reached through failure.  Approach new opportunities with an open, positive mind.  If they don't come out as anticipated try again, make different mistakes, learn something new.

Take the time you have and make the most of it.  Don't take this life for granted.

xoxo, Ana