Thursday, May 29, 2014

Book Nook: Divergent Trilogy



Hello Lovelies!

I have another Book Nook for you guys!  So, I finally completed the very famous, very disputed Divergent Trilogy.  These books are known not only for their movie but also for their resemblance to the also famous trilogy The Hunger Games.  Some people have their preferences, personally I never read The Hunger Games and can only tell you that the movies were entertaining, but very unrealistic and similar to other things I have seen before.

At first I thought that this was going to be just like other books and that it would be boring, over hyped, and just another fad.  But I really enjoyed these books.  I know that these Book Nooks have all been focused on very popular reads, but I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't enjoy them.

So, I read the first two books last summer during my trip to Puerto Rico.  From the beginning these books are great, unlike many others where the beginning is an uninteresting back story, nothing happens, and it is just another book with another uninteresting nobody character.  Divergent, the first book, was probably the only book that seemed relatively similar to other novels I have read.  Considering nothing happens the first several chapters, it was still interesting because the details given are actually worthy of being noted and the setting as well as the situation is believable.

Insurgent.  I think this has been my favorite because it gets right to the action {as you can tell I prefer to read the climax}  there is no mush, Veronica Roth simply gets to all the good, juicy parts.  I read this book in a matter of days.  The romance is evident but not overpowering, it has several surprises and turns, the whole book was just gripping and exciting, and.... Just amazing.

Lastly, Allegiant, don't worry no spoilers in this post.  The ending was... let's just say odd, surprising, different, unique?  It was not expected, but that's what makes it such a good read.  At first it is disappointing and I wish there could have been more details and more "spark" I guess, but it goes to show how well Roth thought out her characters.

The Divergent Trilogy is a definite page-turner and a fun, easy read.  Since this is a teen series the voabulary is understandable and great for laying in the bath and indulging into.  I really enjoyed these books and am excited for the next movies to come out.

Let me know any books that you recommend!

xoxo, Ana