Thursday, November 27, 2014

I am grateful for...


Hey Lovelies!

Today is a day for giving thanks and appreciating all of the blessings that you have.  I find that everyone overlooks the little things in life and we go by our day without giving a second thought to how many blessings we have.  From the computer you are reading this in, to the roof that is currently above your head, to the food you eat, we all have so much that we take for granted.

I know that as a teenager living in a world where globalization is so common, life has become a whirlwind of jealousy and trying to out-due another person.  We fail to realize how much we have and how little others have.

So all I ask is that you take this moment to reflect on all of the positive things or people or moments that you have in your life.  I have a family, friends, food, a house.  I have an education, a blog that I love, opportunities to excel, intelligence.  I have a grandmother that is alive, and three angels in heaven looking after me.  I have laughter, two working legs and arms, energy to work.  I have happiness and joy.  I have everything that is needed to survive and so much more.

Not all of us have the ability to buy whatever we want and have whatever we want.  Not all of us are fortunate enough to live a grandiose life full of luxuries and perks.  But we all have people around to love and care for us, whether you realize it or not.

Life is not always easy, the past few months have been, honestly, a living hell for me.  Life is not always going to hand you whatever you want on a silver platter.  Life will give you opportunities and the ability to be successful and do what you want, when the time is right.  Life will give you little moments of happiness, when you have a great conversation with a friend, when you get an A+ on that test you worked so hard for, and even that sunset where nature looks so beautiful and serene.

So count your blessings, tell everyone around you that you love them, and don't take anything for granted.  We don't like to think about it, but tomorrow it could all be taken away.  I hope that you all have a great thanksgiving filled with love, joy, and gratitude to last a lifetime!

xoxo, Ana