Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Classy and Sassy: Being "Different"


Hey Lovelies!

I recently posted about bullying and how to deal with bullying.  But sometimes people don't directly bully you and if you just feel like you don't belong.  I know the struggle, I know what it is to feel like you are different and people around you just do not understand.

For a very long time I could not understand why my family and friends were so different from me.  I love fashion, creativity, learning, and beauty.  Everyone around me seems to think that fashion and beauty are vain.  People never seemed to understand why I loved shopping, putting on makeup, and looking into the latest fashion.  It was something that made me different and the people in my life never really encouraged me to pursue these things that I enjoyed.  So I felt very secluded and for the longest time I have not shown myself and have just hid under a "sassy" persona so that I did not have to expose myself emotionally.

That was really deep.  But anyways...

Being different is not a quality that you should be ashamed of.  I was and occasionally still don't like telling people my interests, it is something that is so personal and I feel like it is giving away a part of me.  But this is something that we should strive to change.

Having a unique quality makes you stand out.  You should not try to define yourself based on what society says is "normal" and is "average."  Life is too short to be worrying about what people think of you and it too short to be hiding yourself behind a persona that does not suit you.  Please do not make the same mistake as me and be yourself.

We all struggle with finding ourselves and knowing what our life mission is.  It is part of life and it is something that has been proven to help humans grow psychologically.

So be different! Love yourself and never hide who you really are.  Remember that I love you all, no matter what and that there are people out there among the billions of people in the world just like you.

xoxo, Ana