Hey Lovelies!
Today I have a really important message about your health, an aspect that many people neglect to pay attention to: hydrating yourself.
According to a report by CBS, 75% of Americans may be dehydrated. More likely than not, that number includes you, the reader of this post. Water makes up a large amount of the human body and it is necessary for many of our bodily processes.
But this does not mean that you cannot change your habits. It is not easy to change bad habits, but it is the first step to living a much healthier and fulfilled life. Water is such a simple, abundant aspect of everyday life that many people do not take advantage of. Especially in America, many people do not realize that we have such a blessing for having clean, available water.
Considering I used to drink barely one cup of water a day, I have worked a lot to increase my intake of water on the daily. So I wanted to share with all you what I did over the past year to drink more water.
~ 1 ~
Have Water On Hand
When I started to decide to consume more water, the first thing I did was buy myself a really cute water bottle. It came with me everywhere and it was a commitment I had to make. When you do this, it ensures that you always remember constantly and always have access to it.
~ 2 ~
Wake Up and Drink
A great way to get lots of water into your body is to drink a whole bottle of water the moment you wake up. This is a very important step that gives you a great start to your day.
~ 3 ~
Water = Energy
Many people drink caffeinated drinks in order to boost themselves up. But those drinks actually sucks up all of your water supply and can hurt you more than help. I'm not saying that a cup of joe is a bad idea every once in a while, but it is important to note the impact that water has on our energy levels as well.
~ 4 ~
Substitute Bad Drinks
We all know about those "bad drinks." Sodas, juice, etc. all of those sugary drinks that do not add much nutritional value. Just like coffee, these are not bad as long as they are kept at a minimum. The problem results from when people excessively drink these. So whenever you can, substitute those drinks do so.I hope this helps you guys out because I definetly think drinking water is super important to our health. Water affects all aspects of our health from your digestive system to your skin, it is very important and we should never neglect it.
xoxo, Ana
