Hello Lovelies!
So these past couple of weeks have been, stressful to say the least, and something that I have been thinking a lot about is how I can take care of myself. Seems selfish? But it is very difficult to take care of others and serve them if you yourself are a hot mess. Due to my lack of time and immense workload, doing things to please myself has been quite a difficult task.
I wish I could tell you guys that I get up each morning, apply my makeup, have perfect nails, come outside of my room with an awesome outfit. Then I continue with my day, calm and collected, I get everything done, and at the end of the day I read a delightful light read and pamper myself before getting some blissful beauty sleep.
My life is a bit more like get up after hitting the snooze button multiple times, splashing my face with water, I put on a t-shirt and jeans (the occasional sweat pants), my hair is usually up, and I eat a quick breakfast. The whole day I am stressing about all the work I must do, I stay after school to participate in activities, and when I get home it's work, work, break, work, by this time my work is not done and I must move more work onto the next day. At which point I take a quick shower and usually watch Netflix or YouTube before bed.
With all of the things going on in our lives, it is important to sit down, relax and have some time to ourselves. Don't take everyday off {that would be crazy} but just take some time out of your week and designate it to doing something you love.
My advice to all of you lovely ladies is to really enjoy life and don't just focus on what you have to do and what needs to be completed. All will happen in due time.
The biggest problem I have is that I am constantly stressed about things I can't change, things I have no control over, or things that will occur in the future. This is something that I have to deal with, but when I don't spend time with myself my anxiety can sometimes get the best of me.
So do your nails, wear your makeup, read that romance novel, go to the movies with friends, and just do what makes you happy. It is so impertinent that we give ourselves a break from the world that we live in.
I hope that I have inspired at least one of my readers to take a day off and relax.
xoxo, Ana
