Today, I had quite a lazy day. But I anticipate that after this blog post I will be doing lots in the following 4 hours. As part of my lazy day, my family asked if I could make macarons again.
I had made macarons once before and they came out nice. These cookies are extremely hard to make and take lots of effort. For a teenager with absolutely no baking experience, these French delights came out great. Last time, I used the Popsugar recipe, this time my sisters made another recipe while I focused on the macarons.
As stated before, these cookies are hard to make. Some of mine came out cracked, non-circular, and they didn't all have the little feet (ridges at the bottom of the cookie), plus some of them stuck to the parchment paper. Otherwise, they tasted like vanilla-almond-goodness and some of them actually were almost perfect. I am really proud of myself because my older sister was always the one in charge of baking and she always put me down about not being able to work in the kitchen environment.
Here are some pictures of my baking adventure:
| Macaron in bowl without being piped. |
| Macarons baking! |
| Finished macaron. {I need to work on making them circles} |
| Buttercream filled macaron. Yum! |
| Plate of macrons finished with sugar snow! :D |
| Me and my macaron! {Excuse my tired face, it's been a long two days} |
Macaron Recipe: http://www.yumsugar.com/Basic-French-Macaron-Recipe-21651110
Butter cream Recipe: http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Buttercream-Icing
Hope you have a sweet day ladies. Au revoir!
xoxo, Ana