Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Work It Wednesdays: Essentials

Hi Lovelies!

You are probably wondering what Work It Wednesdays means.  It means that Wednesdays are going to be my fashion days.  So, I will be posting something related to fashion, clothing, shoes, etc.

Today I want to talk about Fashion Essentials, the basics.  A lot of these items are items that I think are good to have all year round.

1.  A black or creme cardigan.  This is super important because cardigans can dress up or dress down an outfit and they keep you warm without making you look like you just don't care.  Personally, I am lacking a good, comfortable but cute cardigan, but here are some examples:

Macy's: Deep Black Cardigan $24.98

2. Fitted Jeans. Being 4'11'' it is really hard for me to find some jeans.  But, eventually we can all find some good fitted jeans.  I am not going to show any specific examples because everyone is different in terms of body types and something fitted.  I would recommend that you get your jeans tailored if necessary.

3. A neutral, small, everyday bag.  This might seem a bit odd, but I think this is a must.  Unless you are a mother, or someone with an excessive amount of things to carry, a small everyday bag is a must have!  There are so many choices, from kate spade to small bags at target.  An everyday bag should go with almost anything, but shouldn't be too small either.

Merona® Zip Closure Satchel - Brown
Target: Merona Zip Closure Satchel $17.48

4. Pearls.  Pearl earrings, bracelets, necklaces, watches.  I love pearls but a good alternative is just rhinestones.  Either way, these are essentially essentials.  Every classy girl needs a pair of real pearl earrings or pearl necklace.  If you don't like pearls, find some swarovski earrings.  They are simple, but elegant and will complete almost any outfit. 

5. Smile! :D Because there is nothing more beautiful than the natural beauty that is in all of us.  This might sound really bad, but smiling is not only good for you, but it is your best accessory.  No one can take this away from you.  You will be more approachable and you will feel more confident with a grin across your face.

Featuring: an old picture of me with long hair!

I hope you guys enjoyed my first edition of Work It Wednesdays.  I know that there are a lot of other clothing items deemed essentials such as a blazer, plain white tee, and some everyday shoes, but these are probably my top five essentials. {Don't get me wrong, I don't own 2/5 things on the list, but they are on my wish list for this year.}

Have a fabulous day!

xoxo,  Ana