So over the past couple of days, I have been quite the busy bee. This has really deteriorated my "healthy lifestyle" goal. I haven't been paying much attention to my overall health, or to anything but school really.
I am going to try something that I used to do religiously, but since I got busy I stopped doing this. {I had to give up lots of things to focus on school. :( } So this thing that I was doing for several months is a food tracker. There are a lot of names for it, but it is just where you can write down what you eat.
Some people do this on their phones, I like to keep a notebook, it is very flexible. The overall concept is that you write down everything you ate, this allows you to visualize the changes you can make in your diet in order to live a healthier life.
Since I have done this before I decided to gibe you guys some tips and tricks to this a food tracker:
~ 1 ~
Write down everything! We all have had this slice of cake (or two), we have all had those greasy fries, we have all had eaten unhealthy foods. Don't cheat yourself by not writing down what you ate. This is for you to improve, not to judge yourself on what you can't change. The damage is done.
~ 2 ~
Don't show your notebook to anyone. It seems harsh, but someone might judge you, or try to give you advice, or try and make fun of what you eat. This is something personal and something that is helping you, not anyone else.
~ 3 ~
Include your exercise regimen. This is going to allow you to either see what you are doing wrong, or allow you to track your progress. How do you know you are doing something wrong? You eat a doughnut after a really harsh workout. How can you track your progress? If you stay committed to your tracker you can look back and see how you used to walk a mile, now you run two miles, for example. You can really see the impact your diet has on your physical well being. I hope that this post will encourage you guys to start a journal, I know that physically seeing what I ate really aided me and acted as a guide to how bad my diet really was. We need to remember that before helping anyone else we must help ourselves first. Don't try and eat almost nothing, this should help you better portion your meals and allow you to make better choices.
Today is February 6, and in two weeks, February 20, I will give you guys an update as to how I have been doing with my food tracker that I will be starting tomorrow.
Have a healthy day!
xoxo, Ana
P.S. - Yesterday was my birthday {Finally 15!} and I will be doing a post on my day and also what I got.