Monday, February 17, 2014

Sensationail Review

Hey Lovelies!

This past week I was really excited to work on a cool blog post for you guys.  Since it was my birthday I decided to treat myself to a manicure.

My favorite manicure has always the french manicure.  It is sleek, sophisticated, and classy.  But, this manicure chips super quickly due to the large amounts of polish at the front of the nail.  Therefore, I decided to try the Sensationail gel french manicure.  I love their gel colors and thought that I would get the same results: two weeks of damage proof, shiny, spectacular nails.

I have been disappointed.  Don't get me wrong, I love their gel nail color and it lasted through swimming pools, washing bathrooms, and crafts.  I was really surprised by the results I got using the french manicure set.

Maybe I did something wrong, or it was just getting old {I bought this kit summer 2013}.  Here was my experience:

~ Day 1 ~ 
The nail polish was easy to apply and set well on the nails.  I didn't apply the color because I felt like it just looked like my natural nail.  The strips were tricky at first, but eventually I got the hang of it and did all my nails.  At the end of applying the top coat, my nails were dry, shiny, and gorgeous! Here are some pictures:



~ Day 2 ~ 
The nail polish stayed on quite well throughout the day.  No damage was done, they were perfect.

~ Day 3 ~ 
I got some minor chipping, but I just thought I had left that area of the nail without top coat.  It was mainly on the corners and tips of my nails.  I made sure to cap all of them and seal the tips in, so I got a bit confused as to why they were chipping.

~ Day 4 ~
This is when I started noticing that parts of the white tips were actually cracking off my nails.  I hadn't done anything like wash dishes, or put harsh strain on them.

~ Day 5 ~ 
The white parts of a lot of the nails started peeling off.  Just coming off.  One moment I looked at a good nail, the next the white part was gone.  What?  Yeah.  The top coat below the white strips stayed on as well as the base coat underneath them.  I am really disappointed at this point because I wanted them to last for another week.  This is at the end of day five:


You can definitely see the nails ruined and some even have only half the white strip left.  This really disappointed me because I have tried their products before and other then removal, they were a breeze. 

I hope that this helps you guys if you were thinking about buying the french tip kit.  Like I said I totally recommend the gel colors, but this product didn't really work out for me.

Have a great day!

xoxo, Ana  

Disclaimer: I was not contacted by the company.  All opinions are my own, I bought the product with my own money.  :D