Friday, August 8, 2014

Classy and Sassy: Lazy Days or Weeks


Hey Lovelies.

So we all have lazy days... or weeks. I am one who once I get on a streak of being lazy it takes a while to get out of my "funk".  But we all need to get up, put on our pretty faces, and get the work that needs to be done done.

Although I don't particularly feel qualified to make this post, I want to give you guys some motivation and advice on how to pump yourself up and get you going!  {I also need some motivation as well.}  It is difficult to get up and go straight away, but I know that if I can do it, so can you.  Just thinking about it, this post could also correlate to going back to school {the dreaded moment} and getting excited for the new year.

Step #1 
Take One Step At A Time
The hardest part of anything is starting.  So start slowly and work your way to harder, more difficult tasks.  For example, I have to do two summer reading assignments and outline two chapters by the end of summer.  To begin I started by just picking a book.  Then reading  a couple chpaters, after I read I made sure to journal, then tonight I will read some more.  So just take it slow, and don't overwhelm yourself.

Step #2 
Get Pretty
You probably think that the best way to start not being lazy and actually do something is to get in comfy clothes, in bed, and then begin... Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is not the best idea because you will be compelled to stay in comfy clothes all day, sit in bed, watch Netflix, flip through social media, etc. By simply picking out a cute but still comfortable outfit and splashing water on your face you will feel refreshed and a bit more motivated.

Step #3 
Eliminate Distractions
The main reason we get "lazy" for long periods of time is that we have disturbances that take up time we should be using on more important matters.  Put that phone away, turn the internet off, set up a blocking system, put that romance book down, and get to work.

Step #4
Exercise and Eat Healthy
I know that when I am feeling lazy, I basically fail to acknowledge all parts of my life including health.  For the past two days I have not done any running or workouts, which is a long time for me.  Plus it is proven that exercise actually boosts energy levels as well as gives you endorphins.  {Exercise gives you endorphins.  Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands, they just don't. - If you know where that is from you are my new favorite person!}

Step #5
The World Is Not Going To End
A lot of times people, including myself, overwhelm themselves juts thinking about all the work that has to be completed by a certain date.  I, personally, have struggled dealing with stress and used to feel very overcome by heavy workloads {sometimes I still do}.  But in the end, it always turns out okay and it was just my mind going ahead of itself.  So relax for a second, think about a game plan, and just start working.

I really hope this post was helpful to some of you guys.  I will be doing a similar post later, more about motivation rather than actually overcoming a lazy day or weeks {hehe}.

Have a super amazing day!

xoxo, Ana