Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sewing: Macaron Pillow

Hey Lovelies!

So I have been wanting to create a macaron pillow since I last saw one on a YouTube video.  These awesome pillows are sold in stores, particularly Forever21.  I found a tutorial online and decided to make my own pillow.

This is the link to the tutorial: http://www.camelotfabricsblog.com/?p=2875

Disclaimer: I am not making a tutorial, that is in the link above, I just wanted to show you guys what I did to make my pillow.  Please note this pillow is 22 inches in diameter {it's really big} and it took me about half an hour to complete, but I had to buy two extra bags of stuffing {which is why it took me so long}.

First thing is first is to gather your supplies {this is the only step I did wrong} as well as print and prepare you pattern from Camelot Fabrics.



Then I cut out all of my pieces and began to sew the long white strip of fabric to the long pink strip of fabric, making sure to top-stitch correctly.



Afterwards I put right sides together and began to sew either side of the long pink strip with the white strip to the two circles.  This allowed for a small hole where the two ends meet where you can insert the stuffing.



Finally, after several bags of shredded foam I finally hand stitched the hole on the side of the massive pillow and introduced my new friend to my other stuffies!



I hope you guys enjoy seeing these little sewing tidbits!

xoxo, Ana