Saturday, August 16, 2014

Fashion: My Personal Style and Fashion Story


Hey Lovelies!

For half a year now I have been sharing my fashion loves, beauty loves, and overall life loves.  But I never really shared with you guys why I like certain things and how I really got into fashion and beauty.  I am someone who has never used makeup and fashion as a way to cover myself up, or hide myself.  For me, fashion and beauty has always been about self-expression and has always been something that is part of me and my personality.

With that being said, I, for a long time, have disguised my love for fashion and beauty from the real world.  Shocking, I know!  But it is really hard to be different in a world where people enjoy judging and criticizing others.  For a long time I was bullied because of several different aspects about myself including my height, my weight, my ability to learn, and my way of being.  I have always been someone who enjoys overdressing and wearing makeup and being creative with my look. But not everyone is as accepting.

My own family does not always understand me and will tell me that I sound ridiculous because I like fancy China sets and I like makeup and I like clothing.

When I was younger I really enjoyed playing with fake makeup.  Somewhere out there is picture of me on the floor with bright blue eye shadow and red lips.  You could say I have always loved beauty products.  My parents were always quite lenient and allowed me to wear makeup since I can remember but I still chose not to wear it on a daily basis.

As I have grown up I realize that I shouldn't hide myself from others and be afraid of what other people think.  I still don't wear makeup on a daily basis because I feel comfortable in my own skin and I still am in a stage of my life where wearing makeup is not when I am most comfortable.  But I don't mind as much when I am told that wearing makeup looks bad on me {just because that person doesn't like change}.

Clothing wise, I have not yet completely fixed up my closet to the point where I can stop wearing T-shirts so often.  Fun Fact: I despise T-Shirts and have sent back a T-Shirt {although really cute} because I have a full drawer of them and don't want anymore!!!  Anyway, I have a very girly, chic style.  {Check my Pinterest for an in depth look into my style}  I enjoy things that flatter a petite figure, but don't make me look like a child.  Sometimes, actually often times, I shop at the children's section because the clothes fit me best, but I can wear XS from juniors and women.  Nowadays the children's section has clothing that mimics older people clothes {I don't really agree with little girls wearing them} but that is a bonus for shorter ladies.

So I do wear a lot of T-Shirts because my mother buys them for me all the time.  I am not talking about a plain white T, not I mean the shirts that say Best Texter and Live Love Hope and Super Ca-Ute on them.  Most of my T-Shirts I have retired and only wear them inside the house now.  Don't get me wrong I really love cute, simple Ts that you can use when layering, but they just aren't my style for every single day.

Lastly for shoes I have always been that person that wears one to two shoes the entire school year and doesn't like spending money on shoes.  That is really odd because I actually really like shoes.  But I have always felt that similarly with clothes I wear shoes until they can no longer be worn.  So I don't buy very expensive shoes.  The most expensive pair of shoes I have are my running shoes which are Sketchers Memory Foam shoes {absolutely love them!!!}.  Fun Fact: I had a pair of shoes that were $5 that I wore for a really long time until they were too smelly to wear... yeah.  It's just my personal opinion that it is quite vain to have an excessive number of shoes.

Just to give you a look into my shoes I two heels, a nude pair and silver pair for special occasions.  I have black ballet flats and gold gladiator flats from almost four years ago {yes they still fit} for church or semi-formal occasions.  Finally I have two really old running shoes that I should probably donate {they stilll work really well, I just have an emotional attatchment}, my current running shoes, and my silver-super-glittery Bobs.  Oh and $1 flip flops from Old Navy.

So that is my persoanl style, cute, girly, chic and just a bit conservative.  I hope you guys are not bored by super long posts, but I feel it necessary to share a bit about myself.

Have a great day!

xoxo, Ana