Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Classy and Sassy: Looking {and Feeling} Your Age


Hello Lovelies!

So recently I have noticed an increase in the amount of young girls that feel the need to look extremely old or like celebrities or exposing themselves.  I'm here to advise all of you on how to look and feel your age without having to compromise socially.

It is difficult in this day and age with social media and the different social interactions among teens to not want to fit in.  We see all of the celebrities wearing tons of makeup, done up nails, hair is perfect, and clothing that exposes half of their body and we all wish to look like them. We all want to be seen as beautiful in the eyes of the general public.

I walk down the halls at school and see girls two years younger than me that look like they're almost 20!  Mind you, I am short and have generally young features so I don't necessarily look my age physically and I have had to learn to accept that.  But these little girls don't feel comfortable without makeup, they feels the need to expose their body, and they feel like if they don't look perfect they can't leave the house.  That is so wrong.

You don't have to compromise your individuality to fit in.

I'm not saying to stop wearing makeup and doing your hair, but I think that you have to feel comfortable being exposed in your raw, pure form.  So I encourage you to take at least two to three days a week in which you don't wear makeup, don't do your hair, just be yourself.  People who judge you are probably not the best influences.

A lot of people tell me that I don't look like someone that likes fashion and beauty and fitness when they see me in school.  I go to school looking rough most days but some days I do decide to look like a normal human, and I am okay with that.  I'm comfortable changing up my hair, in fact I came to school one day last year with more than half my hair cut off and I didn't care.

Don't be afraid of looking and feeling your age.  Many people think you have to do things that aren't appropriate for their age group just because of peer influences, but you don't.  Dare to be different.  Dare to be yourself.

xoxo, Ana