Saturday, April 18, 2015

Macarons... Again

Hey Lovelies!

If you have yet to notice, I am a big fan of the French culture.  French macarons are a classic pastry that I love to make!  Although I have yet to taste one and there is a macaron shop around my area, I have been determined for the past year or so to make them and continue improving upon them.

I did a post on them about a year ago and they came out alright, this time was imperfect as well, but better.  The basic recipe is quite simple, merengue with almond meal and lots of sugar.  But these little cookies take a lot of tender love and care.  I decided to do the bare minimum so that any mistakes I made can be corrected next time, but feel free to add coloring and flavors of your choice.

This is the link to the recipe:  Basic French Macaron Recipe 

Here is my experience this time around {with pictures, because pictures make everything better}:

Gather Ingredients
Sift Almond Meal and Powdered Sugar
Beat Egg Whites Until Fluffy

Beat Merengue So Stiff Peaks Form
Fold Dry Ingredients With Merengue
Bake at 280°F

Let Them Sit Until Cool
Completed Macaron!
Completed Macaron!
I will not share the filling recipe because my mother made it and it is a family recipe.  You can definitely find lots of different fillings on the internet.  These cookies are very versatile and can be made in various ways by changing the color, adding cocoa, or even incorporating fruits into the filling.

I love macarons and will let you all know any tips that I find in the future as I do plan on continuing to make them.  

xoxo, Ana