Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Sunset Runs and Honey Buns
Hey Lovelies!
As you all know, I really enjoy running as an exercise and a time of relaxation. They say the key to a healthy lifestyle is moderation in all aspects of your life. But what happens when you love sunset runs as much as honey buns?
The struggle becomes extremely real.
A lot of us struggle with this same problem, we enjoy certain things in excess and we need to find balance in our lives. I love, love, love to eat sweets and chocolate and bread and basically anything that is not beneficial to my health. My mother has to often tell me that I am eating too much chocolate, bread, etc. but she also to warn me when I am pushing myself to hard physically.
Honestly, there are times when all I eat is junk food and I completely disregard exercise. Other times I am constantly exercising, but I am not eating a sufficient amount of nutrients to fuel my body. Only one magical thing, one word, one extremely important part of life will help:
Balance.
In terms of fitness, balance is not easy to find. People are constantly trying to change their habits, but they go cold turkey. That is not the way to go, but neither is trying to exercise while stuffing your body with an insane amount of unhealthy foods.
So, I suggest starting small. Begin by trying to increase your intake of water. You can read more about the importance of hydration in my older post. Once you have that down {this should take about a month} then try switching your snacks for equally satisfying, smaller substitutes. And continue this until you slowly build up and try incorporating light exercise at first and then building it up, always doing something you enjoy.
This is not going to eliminate the ups and downs that come with enduring a change in life. As I stated before, I am dealing with a really big craving for unhealthy foods right now mixed with my desire to do exercise. Take my advice into consideration, but don't be discouraged if you have setbacks if not use those to improve in the future so you don't make the same mistake twice.
xoxo, Ana
Labels:
Fitness
