Sunday, April 12, 2015

Nail Care Routine


Hey Lovelies!

As you know, I really enjoy pampering myself.  One of my favorite things to do is care for my nails, paint them, and relax as I wait for them to dry.  Hands tell a lot about a person and taking care of them, keeping them looking clean, is simply part of bring a classy, young lady.  But not all of us can afford to go to the nail salon every week,

I have done a lot of research and think I have almost perfected the at home nail care routine.  Some of the products I use are extras that help me.  My nails are very brittle, weak, and thin and I use certain products to prevent them from breaking and keep them looking their best.  I love the Sally Hansen Miracle Growth Serum as well as any lotion that keeps your cuticles hydrated.

Here are the steps to my nail care routine:

~ 1 ~
First, I get all my products together so that I don't have to walk around or interrupt my pamper session.  These products are some of my favorites.  Left to Right: CVA Nail Polish Remover, 4 Sided Buffer, Cuticle Pusher, Nail File, Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover Gel, Ms. Pedicure Nail Clipper, Cuticle Oil, Nail Buffer, Top Coat, Nail Polish of the Week


~ 2 ~
Remove previous polish or oils using acetone or some form of nail polish remover.


~ 3 ~
Push back your cuticles using your favorite cuticle remover or cuticle softener for better application.



~ 4 ~
Clip and file your nails.  Only clip your nails if necessary,  This is when you can experiment with shapes and different lengths of nails, don't be afraid to try something new.


~ 5 ~
Buff your nails thoroughly.  I like to change up the buffer I use depending on whether I am wearing nail polish or not.  I use the large yellow box when I wear polish and the skinny pink and red one when I want a natural shine.


~ 6 ~
My favorite step: application of nail polish.  I do not suggest that you consistently paint your nails as this will damage your natural nail, but it is fun to do maybe once or twice a month.  This week I am using two Essie polishes, one in Lilacism on four of my nails and 


~ End Result! ~



If you guys have any tips on caring for your nails make sure to leave them in the comments below!  I have a lot of new ideas and posts coming up. :D

xoxo, Ana