Sunday, August 9, 2015

Book Nook: The Elite


Hey Lovelies!

So we are now back to my regular posts.  I recently bought a book at the airport coming back from Puerto Rico.  Although I have been stumped and overloaded with lots of books and things to do for school, I felt it important to take a little bit of time to do something I love and haven't had the luxury of doing in a very long time.

I promise I will try my best not to give any spoilers in this in depth review, but if you haven't read the first book The Selection by Kiera Cass then I suggest that you not read my review until you have read it, but to answer the questions:  Yes, I recommend the first book.  Yes, I recommend the second book.
To be quite honest these books intrigued me because of their covers.  The model is absolutely gorgeous, the dresses she wears are spectacular, and the colors really draw attention.  I am in love with old dresses and the ornate styles they used in the late eighteenth century, very similar to the ones they use in the series.

As for the writing style of the book I believe it was phenomenally written.  The scenes were described beautifully, both in the first and second novels.  The characters {here are many to pay attention to in this book} are well developed and each have their own flare that continually follows the plot.  It can be a bit difficult to pick apart each character as they continue to increase in relevance.  At one point I had to stop to think , in my head, who are the maids, who are the competition, who is the queen, and who is the advisor.  So many female names are introduced it was difficult to keep track of them at one point.

I promised to no spoilers.  But I will say this, I fell in love with this book.  Few times are romances so realistic and intricate as in this novel.  Cass did a fantastic job at bringing the reader into America's world.  I felt part of the Selection.

The plot is intriguing and wonderful.  I recommend this book 100%.

xoxo, Ana