Friday, August 14, 2015

Style Inspritation: Blair Waldorf

Hey Lovelies!

As you guys know I have been on the hunt for my style and what I want my image to portray.  One of my absolute favorite persons to take inspiration has been the infamous Gossip Girl character Blair Waldorf.  Although I'm unable to afford her immense closet or even a piece of the designer labels she wears, her style and personality is filled with poise and class.

If you are a fan of the show or the books, I wouldn't say I necessarily approve of her moral.  But a lot of her class and poise is admirable, she definitely inspires me to be a classy lady.  Of course, I'm in love with her fashion style.  She uses color and prints, more skirts than pants, tights and heels, and she has a certain class to her style.

Her latter style is my favorite, but we cannot discount her high school fashion choices.  I love that she is a major influence to the fashion world in the show.  I love how she mixes conservative clothing with a sexy edge, yet still makes it classy and age appropriate.  She always looks presentable {even in a nightgown} and I love that they convey her as a real person.

These are ten of my personal favorite looks:


I love the simple, babydoll top.  Paired with a small poncho and black bow tights.  Its a lovely girly outfit with lots of feminine touches.


Again, a lovely piece.  This tight pencil skirt-dress is a great colorblock and the minimal accessories show a great simplicity.


Can I tell you how much I am in love with lace paired with sheer fabrics.  Not to mention her simple nails and effortless hair.


The booties in this outfit definitely make the entire look.  Another great part of this is the mixing of patterns, a very prominent part of her style. 


Her hair accessories and great way of using colors and flowy fabrics is another favorite of mine.  She constantly wears these parisian inspired hats.  They are lovely pops of color and add a feminine touch.


One of my favorite scenes are when she wears her nightgowns.  They are classy and simplistic, just lovely.


I just have to say that our mutual obsession of Paris is wonderful.

She mixes feminine prints {like the tweed Chanel-style blazer} with masculine types.  I also love her use of tights under shorts and skirts, it adds a conservative feminine touch.


Black and white, one of the amazing clasics.  I love the enlarged gingham and trench coat.  Her heels are to die for!  I would love to have her shoe closet.


Chuck and blair... match made in heaven.

Anyways, again the trench coat is fabulous: the pearl buttons are chic and the pleats add an amazing designer tough.  Again, the hats and tights are a great addition to this outfit.


I am in love with this dress!  Lets talk about her makeup for a second, simplistic and natural.  I'm also in love with how amazing her waist is and she often uses dresses and skirts to accentuate it.

Style inspirations are great, but it's also important to remember that we are all our own person.  So just taking inspiration is where my love for B goes.  I love her and she is amazing, but I also love myself and being unique is something she certainly approves of!

xoxo, Ana