Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Back to School: Time Management

Hello Lovelies!

I'm so sorry that I have not been posting recently, I have been going back to school and it has been a very difficult transition from summer to full on work mode!  Honestly, I have learned a lot over the past few days and they have been very enlightening.  Quick update: I have had to reteach myself to manage my time, I joined some after school activities (yay!), and my shoulder is in a lot of pain due to an injury.

Anyways, I have learned so much about time management over the past couple of weeks.  Don't get me wrong, I should probably follow more of these tips myself.  This year is going to be one of the most academically and emotionally challenging years for myself and for a lot of people out there, and time management is so important!

One of the most important aspects, in my opinion, of time management is to have something to do that makes you busy.  A lot of people are going to tell you to get involved and do things in school, and until last year I would disagree.  I was that student that didn't do anything and was not involved in class events, clubs, organizations, etc. and I regret it so much.  Not only are these great and amazing ways to have fun but they also force you to take time out of your day to do something.  These activities force you to really work efficiently so that you can participate in the events, have good grades, and still sleep between eight to 10 hours every night.

With that said, here are some of my time management tips:

~ 1 ~
Make a list and stick to it!
Write down all of your assignments in a planner or notebook so that you don't forget what to do.  Always work around your schedule to make time for studying as well, not just doing assignments.  When you have completed the task you can them cross it off your list, which causes a satisfactory feeling and is proven to keep you motivated.

~ 2 ~
Say No!!!
No phones, no laptop, no YouTube, no distractions. Period.  I know that it is easy to say, "I can watch Netflix while I outline. It's multitasking."  Well, guess what, the human brain isn't capable of focusing and absorbing information of multiple things at once.  So just say no!

~ 3 ~
You can never get back the time you lost.
One thing we fail to realize is that time is precious and this second is the only second we have.  If you decide to spend your time poorly it will reflect in your work and in your appearance.  Be responsible for the choices you make and prioritize.  If you can finish something today, do it! If you can study for a test that is a week away, do it!  You won't regret positive choices.

~ 4 ~
Don't overwhelm yourself.
I know I said to join clubs and be an active member of your community, but that does not mean you should bombard yourself with things to do.  Remember to reward yourself respectively for the work you do.  If something is too much of a commitment for you, drop it.

~ 5 ~
Just get your stuff done!
We all do it, we sit at our desk, staring at our to do list thinking this is too much.  In fact I get anxiety attacks just thinking about the immense workload I have sometimes.  So take a deep breath, and take things one step at a time.  The hardest part is starting, so just start!

I hope this helps you out!  Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I love all of my wonderful readers!

xoxo, Ana