Thursday, July 31, 2014

Classy and Sassy: Stay Classy in Society


Hello Lovelies.

So this is a post that is important for me and that I think every girl should be aware of.  The title may seem like I want you to be super proper, all the time.  But, honestly, I think society today is just wrong in the depiction of women shown to younger girls.  We need to be better examples for young girls that look up to their older companions.

Today society has a notion that young girls are all rebels and that dressing like a rebel is not only acceptable, but better.  Conservative women are looked at as being shy and are often bullied for the way they dress.  Not only the way they dress but young girls also believe that being a "diva" is okay and that they can disrespect the people around them and {worst of all} themselves.  Having a little attitude is fine when defending yourself, but not as a means of hurting others.

I am not saying that everyone has to be as conservative as myself, but that young ladies should be, well, ladies.  I am not going to make this post a list, but I just want to talk about how being classy can affect your life and really help you in your self-confidence.

I realize that it is not easy to remain self-confident when we live in a world where we criticize almost everything, especially between young women.  Girls can't be chubby or they are fat, if they are skinny they are anorexic, they can't wear makeup without being fake and if they don't wear makeup they are tomboys.  We allow the media to tell us what is beauty, rather than making our own opinions based on our fondness of other people.  Young women {including myself} should be aware of their own unique beauty.

Society tells us that disrespecting our elders is praised and is "normal" for teenagers that are going through a developmental process. That is just wrong!  I know that I am one to defy my parents occasionally, and I think it is part of life, but telling girls that it is acceptable is not okay.  We should respect others, and that means showing the whole world your butt is not ladylike, talking back is just rude, and being a bully is just plain unappealing.

The last thing I want to talk about is girls and other girls.  How can girls think it is okay to hurt someone else that they realize may be going through similar struggles as themselves?  We should be supporting each other and picking each other up, not putting each other down.

Let me know what your thoughts and opinions are on the topic in the comments below. I just wanted to address a subject that directly affects the youth today.

Remember to stay classy. ;)

xoxo, Ana