Saturday, July 26, 2014
Staying Fabulous: Cleaning - The Real Deal
Hey Lovelies.
You are probably wondering what this title means...
Basically I think it is important that young women learn to really clean and really organize their space. Some people may disagree with this and everyone has their own opinion, but I just want to share a little bit about cleaning versus organizing.
First off, cleaning is not just sweeping over the top of your cabinets and spraying disinfectant in a room. Especially when talking about a bathroom, deep cleaning is not only essential it is important for your health. So basically, you are supposed to at least every two weeks deep clean your bathroom and at least every month you should clean your room.
I will be doing a cleaning schedule post in the future, because it is important to organize your time correctly, especially when deep cleaning.
When cleaning a bathroom, I find that sections are the best way to go. Because my bathroom is quite small I have four sections: bathtub, toilet, sink, and floor. Here are some steps to cleaning your bathroom:
1. Remove everything from your bathroom.
2. Dust and remove any hair from the floor, sink, bathtub, etc.
3. Apply a disinfecting toilet cleaner to the area where water comes from your toilet, don't scrub.
4. Scrub and disinfect the sink, use a tile cleaner if necessary.
5. Scrub and disinfect the bathtub. Make sure that you clean the tiles and really scrub the bottom of your tub, it harbors lots of bacteria, excess soap/shampoo/conditioner, and tiny hairs from shaving.
6. Scrub and disinfect the toilet. Use a little brush for the inside of the toilet. Use a towel/old sponge to scrub and disinfect the outside of the toilet.
7. Clean and disinfect your floors.
8. Clean your mirrors and dust any decorations.
When cleaning my room I don't have specific sections and I do clean certain things on a daily/weekly basis. Whenever I deep, deep clean my room, which happens about twice maybe three times a year, I focus on areas similarly to when I clean my bathroom: closet, chest, desk, and under the bed. I honestly just get out as much as I can from my closet, under my bed, I vacuum my entire floor including my closet, then I dust and disinfect all of my surfaces. Afterwards I get rid of anything I don't need/want and I organize all the drawers and make sure everything is back where it should be. If I find that an organization system isn't working for me, this is when I change it and try something new. Finally I organize clothing and anything extra that I find in my room.
I think it is really important to learn how to deep clean, although some people disagree. If you have any tips on cleaning let me know in the comments. I don't have a full house to take care of, but as a teenager I think it is important to start learning to clean and manage your personal space. It also helps me to keep things more organized so that those days aren't very difficult.
Remember that daily and weekly cleaning is important as well and will help you keep a tidy home.
xoxo, Ana
Labels:
Organization
