Friday, July 25, 2014

Sewing: My First and Second Pants

Hey Lovelies!

Anyway, with summer finally here I have had quite a bit of time to work on some projects.  Due to my break and then sudden vacation I have not had much time to share my creations with you all.

This past month I created my first three pairs of pants, but why does the title say two you ask.  The first ones I made I don't count because they were my test run and I used them just to try out sewing techniques and figure out the pattern.  I feel very proud of myself because this was the first clothing piece I made without my grandmother assisting me.

There were a few bumps on the road and I sewed the wrong pant leg to another pant leg and ended up with the front pieces together.  At which point I had to unpick every stitch very carefully because I was using a silk-type polyester fabric {it was a mess}.  But I got them both completed and ready to wear.  I haven't styled them yet, but they are awesome pieces and I cannot wait to wear them out and share some pictures.

~ Pant 1 ~
Grey and White Cotton Shorts with Pockets




 ~ Pant 2 ~
Silk-Type Polyester Elastic Waist and Hems


 I do plan on making a post/video on how to make a basic pair of pants when I have properly perfected the art of making pants.  The second pair I made were similar to Harem Pants style, but I originally made them using a pattern for sleeping pants {they are actually Capri but I'm short} and altered them to look more like Harem style pants.

Let me know if you want a sewing tutorial, I could definitely do one.

xoxo, Ana