Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Puerto Rico: Day 11

Hey Lovelies.

I had a great experience that I never before had done in Puerto Rico.  Visiting this amazing little park with a butterfly garden and bird watching area was a first and definitely not a last.  It is such a great tourist area to explore parts of the island and experience things directly in tune with nature.  

I do warn you, this is not El Yunque.  But, it is still beautiful and a wonderful experience.  They have several different activities apart from the butterfly garden and aviary, you can go zip lining and hiking through the forest.  Of course, I was unable to do the latter two because of my elderly companions {hehe} but it was still super fun!


The entrance was already a great view, it was a great big fountain.


Of course, I took a selfie on the trans that took us up the mountain.  The view was so beautiful.



The central building was also a sight!  They have great agricultural scenery and decor.  


When entering the butterfly garden the first thing you encounter is a look into the lab that harvests all of the pupae and cocoons of the monarch butterfly.



It was so magnificent to be so close to nature.  They decorated everything with such elegance and beauty, I loved it.


The aviary was just as beautiful.  It was super dun to be so close to such large birds.


A quick look at our outfits! :D


My sister and I at the aviary.


My grandmother with a gorgeous pink and white bird.



Selfie with a beautiful navy blue and yellow bird.


Finally we went down the mountain on a little train like automobile.  We got to see some amazing forestry and even a man made waterfall {pictured above}.

I know this post was a bit late but I have been a bit busy lately and whenever I'm not busy I'm spending time with family or sleeping.  {yes, I am still a typical teenager}

xoxo. Ana